- INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WE COLLECT
- We may collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- For paid job postings, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- We may collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for verification.
- ACREW does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using SSL technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on ACREW’s forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the ACREW site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
- Marketing Partners: We may share your personally identifiable information with potential employers, educational institutions, and other entities who may have information helpful to you and your job search.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
- We don’t engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don’t employ tracking devices for marketing purposes (“cookies”, “web beacons,” single-pixel gifs).
- We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- ACREW does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If ACREW learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, ACREW will remove that post.
- ACREW, or people who post on ACREW, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you have registered on the Website, you can login to your account to change or update certain information and preferences to keep such data accurate, complete and up-to-date. You also can contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section to update or correct certain personal information. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, you can agree to receive some communications but not others. At any time, you also may opt-out of receiving future commercial emails from us by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions contained in any commercial emails that you receive from us. You also may contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below if you want to opt-out from receiving future commercial correspondence, including marketing emails, from us. We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases within a reasonable timeframe. Please remember that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features. Even if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as transactional, customer service or other relationship messages, messages about your account and profile, and emails in response to communications or requests for information that we receive from you. Please also note that we may not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of third parties to whom we already provided your personal information as of the date of your opt-out request.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request from certain businesses with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To make such a request you should send an email to Privacy with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
- HOW TO CORRECT OR UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your information changes (such as a zip code or email address), we will endeavor to update or remove that information provided to us upon notice from you. To make changes to your account, please contact ACREW and use the information found on the Contact Us portion of the web site.
- DATA WE STORE
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Registered job posters can access and update their account information through the “My Profile” page.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
- ARCHIVING AND DISPLAY OF ACREW POSTINGS BY SEARCH ENGINES AND OTHER SITES
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with ACREW – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – archive or otherwise make available ACREW postings, including resumes.
- CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH ACREW MAY RELEASE INFORMATION
- ACREW may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
9 INTERNATIONAL USERS
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of ACREW we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
We welcome your feedback on this document. Please submit your comments on the Contact Us page.