Tips for Video Interviews
Written By: Mary-Devon Dupuy
I’m Mary-Devon with Acrew, and today I want to talk about how job seekers can get the most out of first impression videos.
Acrew has ditched the resume, allowing job seekers to get immediate face-time with hiring managers. Here are a few tips for video interviews to keep in mind:
- Prepare. Think about what you want to say before you begin. Don’t read off a page when you record.
- Be energetic. Whether you’re applying at the ground level or a seasoned professional, employers want to feel like you’re excited to work.
- Dress well. Even if the jobs you’re applying to are very casual, make sure you look well put together.
- Look at the camera. When you look into the camera of your phone or computer, it feels like you’re making eye contact.
- Be Yourself. Highlight your strengths and be confident in yourself.
Thanks so much for listening!
Mary-Devon Dupuy is First Impression Liason for Acrew.